Today, amongst the various marketing strategies available, sending mass emails have proved to be beneficial in promoting the reach of the business thereby increasing the importance of mass email service providers. In this article, we have covered the guidelines on how to choose the best mass email service and compiled 11 Best Mass Email Services for 2020 so that you can nail your email campaign like a pro!
For any business to grow, they need to understand their potential customers’ behavior while keeping their subscribers engaged. Mass Email Services help you send informative emails in huge quantities while tracking and solving issues that might impact its delivery. After all, you need to market your services and products across your subscribers and nurture them as they make the purchase decisions.
Gone are those days when Business card drop-offs and door hangers were used to promote and advertise your brand!
In this digital era, emails from your brand should reach the inbox of your customers. So, in order to make the most of your business, let us have a look at the Best mass email services for 2020.
How to Choose the Best Mass Email Service?
For any business, it’s very upsetting to know that the mass emails don’t reach their subscribers. Yes, surprisingly a lot of times such emails land up in spam instead! So it’s important that you chalk out a strategy before choosing a bulk email sender so that you get the best one suitable according to your requirements, infrastructure and budget.
Here are a few things that you can keep in mind to create more revenue from your customers.
1. Check your Subscription Process
Verification of the email-Ids is important as it prevents your email from being marked as spam. Your email subscription process should be double opt-in. The approval of the email users receiving the promotional emails is necessary, otherwise, a single opt-in process would lead to either unsubscription, deletion of the mail, or customer marking the emails as spam.
So, Double opt-in is a big yes!
2. Segment Your Mailing List
Every email user has different needs and have to be catered accordingly. By using your CRM database you can collect the different attributes of the user, and then segregate them on the basis of the persona.It is an effective way to increase engagement and convert the subscribers into customers!
3. Track User Behaviour
Every user creates a journey or persona of their own as they use your products or services. Tracking and analyzing their spent time and type of products they are browsing, can create a highly personalized campaign for them.
You can further place the users in 3 categories- Interested → Engaged → Re-activate. This will help you segment your customers and then target them with relevant emails.
4. Follow Email Authentication Process
Checking for email authentication process is the major deal-breaker. The ISPs depend on these practices to filter the emails into spam. Enabling DKIM, SPF, and DMARC for your email delivering domain will make your campaign much secure.
5. Warming Up IP/Domain
Another process that is highly recommended is the warming up of IP and domain. What is that? So, before you start sending those mass emails from your domain, start the warm-up process which involves slowly increasing the volume of emails that you are sending in a day.
Also, don’t forget to monitor the engagement metrics, reputation, inbox placement rates etc. This will boost the per day volumes, create a high reputation, and ensure smooth inboxing that will help to make an email program successful without any issue.
6. Create Neat HTML Campaign
Content is the key in any campaign, as it communicates the image of your brand to the audience. Engaging and attractive campaigns can kind of fuel the revenue growth. Here are some good practices to create attractive campaign for your audience.
- The HTML templates should have a simple and clean design.
- No extra CSS styling.
- An equal proportion of text and image.
- No commented code or map tags.
Personalization of the content also gives good results. A personal touch, like including the name of the user in the subject line can enhance audience engagement.
7. What is Your Mailing Domain?
Using the domain of your website is always recommended. However, if there is a certain risk involved, then you can go with the sub-domain of the main website and then build your status on it.
Also, make sure that you don’t use the same domain for transactional and promotional communication as it will increase the chance of your important transactional emails landing right into the customer’s inbox.
11 Best Mass Email Services for 2023
Here are some top Mass email service providers that help brands send mass emails via SMTP protocol or API or web interface. The list contains both commercial and open-source tools.
1. Migomail – The Most Affordable Bulk Email Service
Pepipost is one of the best cloud-based email delivery engine. It works on Artificial Intelligence that understands the behavior of the customer as it captures the minute signals from the ESPs and analyzes them. The SMTP injection servers and the API endpoints of Pepipost support TLS and HTTPS respectively thus ensuring that the emails you deliver or accept are done securely.
- Ensures email safety (with VAPT).
- It offers an immediate report on the health of email delivery.
- The tracking history can be saved upto 90 days.
- 24/7 live chat support(They have got the Best!).
The best thing is that you get all these features and many more at a very affordable price! And that is why it comes as No.1 in our list!
Next in line we have SendGrid, which is a mass email service for sending marketing email as well as transactional emails. They are very popular and provide modern workflows and automation services, you can send automated emails using single email trigger. For a deeper and better integration, it allows you to use SMTP API or web API.
- The tool allows the non-technical clients to send bulk newsletters using the drag-and-drop facility.
- Its Webhook option notifies bounces, spam reports and unsubscribes.
- It offers real-time analytics.
- You can use the Comma-Separated Values file to add contacts.
3. Elastic Email
Another popular platform for sending mass emails is Elastic Email. You can schedule numerous campaigns using this provider, and even apply various settings like send time and more. It runs on an advanced algorithm which helps the user identify invalid emails and avoids duplicate addresses automatically.
- Elastic Email tool provides detailed statistics.
- It allows quick modification of the template with its drag and drops editor.
- A/X testing to find what works and what does not.
- It allows easy connection via HTTP API.
4. HubSpot Email Marketing
HubSpot’s email marketing software is powered by their powerful CRM and allows you to uncover insights into your subscribers so you can better tailor your emails to them. In fact, with HubSpot, you get much more than an email tool. The free forever plan also includes a landing page builder, signup forms and popups, live chat and chatbots, and more.
- An easy to use drag and drop builder.
- It has a selection of beautiful goal-based templates that you can customize.
- The CRM allows you to create deeply personalized emails.
- You can create complex marketing automation workflows to scale your email campaigns.
5. Amazon SES
Next is, Amazon Simple Email Service, which is also a cloud-based mass email sending service that is cost-effective and highly scalable as they offer a “pay as you go” option. It is designed to send mass emails for developers and businesses that you can directly integrate into the present applications. The tool allows you to keep your customer updated with automated emails and highly personalized ones as well.
- With the tool’s dashboard, you can track issues that affect your email delivery.
- Amazon SES enables you to keep a check on the number of send and delivered emails.
- It allows easy integration with services like AWS IAM.
- It offers various methods like SMTP, and SES API to send emails.
Mailgun is yet another email automation tool that provides an easy SMTP or API integration and features like advanced analytics and real-time tracking etc. Mailgun provides a comprehensive deliverability facility apart from potent marketing automation tools. It provides an inbound routing feature so that your emails are parsed and transcoded so that your emails turn into a structured data. It also has published libraries for various languages like python, ruby, java, etc.
- Mailgun works on a Simple and Restful API.
- They provide fast and exact email validation.
- Good inbox placement rates.
- It gives you flexibility by building strategies customized to your needs.
7. Mandrill App
If you are a MailChimp user, then you can easily use Mandrill for your mass email delivery needs otherwise it would be really pricey for you(as you will have to pay for both the products). It has a dedicated transactional email API developed specifically for the MailChimp users. So now you can send data-driven emails, plus custom-made and e-commerce messages to your customers easily. You can even use API to write down custom solutions of your own. Also, the Mandrill tool converts the HTML version into text automatically.
- It allows easy connection of your CRM or database with the emails.
- It provides personalized email tracking options.
- The tool tags the emails automatically depending on the template and sender.
- A/B Split Testing and email scheduling are also available.
Moving on to next! SMTP2GO is a robust API email deliverability service that is scalable and highly reliable for transactional and marketing emails. It ensures network redundancy and fast connection speed as its servers are located around the world. You can send transactional emails from your app, general emails from Outlook or marketing emails with a built-in unsubscribe link with SMTP2Go.
- Provides visual reports on all sent emails, spam, and bounced emails.
- Its robust testing allows you to test the emails against spam filters.
- Builds and maintains correct DKIM and SPF records for your website’s domain.
- With this tool, you can send marketing, transactional as well as promotional emails.
You must have heard about them! SparkPost is a very popular analytical email intelligence service provider that optimizes email performance with extraordinary data visibility features. With this tool, you can monitor the emails and handle the response.
Their pricing structure was decent until last year when Sparkpost increased their pricing which affected a lot of business especially when the email volumes were in millions and more.
- Email API and integration facilities are provided.
- It has client libraries supporting many languages including nodejs, python, php, ruby, go, elixir and java.
- Create custom-designed and personalized emails through various email templates.
- Monitor email campaign summary, bounced, rejected, delayed emails, etc through the dashboard of this SMTP service.
Next, we have, Postmark which is a pretty good tool that delivers and tracks the transactional emails for its users. Its email delivery and tracking system are fast, easy and reliable. The tool is known to send only transactional emails and so experience higher engagement. If you are using this service then you get to enjoy 45 days of complete content history along with the statistics(Pepipost gives 90 Days of history logs). You can even get a detailed report of the number of email opens and clicks.
- Postmark uses SMTP /APIinterface to deliver emails.
- Handles IP reputation, blacklists, feedback loops, reverse DNS, and all of the other low-level protocols for you.
- It hosts compatible and responsive email templates.
- For better data security it makes use of two-factor authentication (2FA).
Last, on the list we have SendinBlue which is also a mass email sender that provides good deliverability and ensures send-time optimization. By using the existing CRM you can manage all your customers without any problem. The tool allows you to set the design and also provides the users with detailed statistics of the emails.
- It hosts a beautiful templates gallery.
- You can create custom landing pages of your own.
- The tool comes with Drag & Drop Builder.
- It even supports connection with plugins like Magento and WordPress.
Hassle-free mass email sending is possible, provided you have the best email program backed by the best mass email service provider. Make sure that you choose a service that ensures definite inbox placement, provides support and is reliable so that you can achieve your ROI targets. Check out the various features of these services, and select the best fit for your business.