Joomla 1.5: why does trying to send email result in: PHPMAILER_RECIPIENTS_FAILED
When using Joomla1.5.7 and ChronoForms3.0, I can design a form and get it to work. However, when trying to send a mail this fails.
I'm trying to send emails from Joomla! 1.5.9, but keep getting this error message: PHPMAILER_RECIPIENTS_FAILEDrecipient_name<recipient_email>
A few more facts:
- It's a WAMP server (joomla 1.5.9, PHP 5.2.8)
- Validation emails are sent with no problem at all
- Joomla! is set to use SMTP
- The IIS SMTP service is used (though I'm not 100% sure about it's configuration)
- The diagnostics tool smtpdiag shows no problem when checking the sender/recipient
I tried many of the solutions given in the link Sukumar provided but none of them worked.
Then I tried to use PHP mail function instead of SMTP and it worked :)
Change the following line in configuration.php in the root folder
var $mailer = 'smtp';
var $mailer = 'PHP mail';
Click Here to Visit